PERSONALISED VIDEO CLUBCARD VOUCHER CAMPAIGN
DATA-DRIVEN PERSONALISED CUSTOMER RETENTION VIDEO
- Build an awareness and customer retention campaign using personalised video to encourage Tesco Clubcard customers to redeem their vouchers based on buying behaviour data and loyalty card points balance.
- Provide customers with inspiration and prompts about how to get more value from their Clubcard vouchers
- Deliver clear messaging and a call to action around the most relevant Clubcard partner offers if they hadn’t redeemed their vouchers, but exhibited the same behaviour as customers who had.
- By ingesting the assortment of video, text, imagery and audio assets into the Idomoo platform according to a core narrative, the platform could potentially output up to 15 million variations of the video. As it turned out, the client only required 50,000 bespoke videos to broadcast out to its members via email.
- Each video generated resulted in a seamless sequence an audio and text greeting - “Hello (first name)”, followed by a sequence of visual variations based on the viewers’ shopping behaviour and a clickable endframe that took the viewer into the Tesco Clubcard site to redeem their vouchers.
- View through rates of 86% and the clickthrough rate was 300% of non-personalised benchmark.
- As the aim was to clearly convey the message to households that they had Clubcard vouchers they could redeem with specific activities, Signal developed a personalised narrative around a live action family kitchen table, where the items on the table were dynamically generated to reflect the customer’s profile.
- In order to generate the personalised films, Signal recreated a family kitchen and breakfast dining scene in a studio with actors interacting with an assortment of tabletop props. These props could be replaced and removed digitally according to the viewers’ data
- Using a motion control camera we shot multiple passes through the same scene, adding and taking away items on the family table, then by combining the precision movement of the motion control camera and the interaction of the family with various items in the scene, we were able to create a seamless, single-edit bespoke narrative for every user.
- Video, Text, Imagery and dynamic voiceover assets were then ingested into the Idomoo scenebuilder and storyboard in order to generate all 50,000 versions of the video.
- TESCO CLUBCARD